Kevin is an expert in engineering, designing, manufacturing, and automating specialty machinery and production processes. He has been the President of Specialty Fabrication (2017-2021), the largest fabrication and machining facility in the Southeastern United States that specializes in large weldments and high tolerance machining primarily for power generation, aerospace, nuclear, DOE and DOD. His customers have included Siemens, Mitsubishi, Westinghouse, SpaceX and Blue Origin.
Prior to that he spent his career in fabrication and manufacturing at various firms from 1977 – 2017, including Advanced Industrial Services LLC, SMCI, Universal Engineering & Construction LLC, DCR Engineering Services, Inc., Westek Manufacturing, Inc., Imperial Engineering & Fabrication, Bodolay/Pratt Packaging Machinery, and FMC Corporation.
Kevin holds two patents for the disposal of and recovery of Expanded Polystyrene, and one for Application and Packaging of Transdermal Medication.
Kevin has a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from University of Florida (1981), and he holds the following certificates and licenses:
- ASNT, SNT-TC-1A Certified PT – Liquid Penetrant Testing;
- ASNT, SNT-TC-1A Certified MT – Magnetic Particle Testing;
- ASNT, SNT-TC-1A Certified UT – Ultrasonic Testing;
- Proficient in all aspects of ASME Sec. VIII, & Sec. III, AWS, CWI QC1-96, ANSI, D1.1, D1.2 & D1.6, B31.1, B31.3 and ASNT code requirements;
- Nuclear NQA-1, 10CFR -21 & 10CFR-50;
- ISO 9001;
- ISO 9001 Auditing;
- USDA HACCP Certified;
- USDA HACCP Auditing;
- Certified Building Contractor #CBC1253106;
- AWS Certified Weld Inspector # 08111301.